How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod could not get enough of the music experience. These are a few of the features of the Apple iPod that makes it so attractive to music fans and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has so much space readily available of up to forty gigabytes that it can save up to about five thousand tunes.
2. The Apple iPod also includes the ergonomically designed Click Wheel wherein you can do quickly forward, play, reverse, pause and gain access to the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be used up to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was also developed in such a method that you would have the ability to establish your own play list and it also has a shuffle function to present randomness throughout playing.
Through the years, however, the Apple iPod has been modified by techies by using iPod hacks, set on offering more power to the user regarding modification and customization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that provides changes to your iPod in terms of appearance, either in terms of software or hardware. Different firmwares that offers iPod hacks, are available on the Web websites like the iPodWizard that can alter the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are currently content with their iPod sampling playing music, nevertheless, some individuals utilize iPod hacks due to the fact that they appear to want more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Newest technology capabilities have offered a user power to modify his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even transform a regular Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be used to manage any house electronic devices in your house. It can manage your television, DVD player, Media Center, even a robot. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Basically, you can use a Pocket PC to potentially record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and start altering your TV channels. You now have a brand-new universal remote control.
The following are needed prior to beginning this example project of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Computer with a sound recording software application installed.
3. A Pocket PC, could be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. Total remote software and IR device
The following treatment guides you through changing your iPod into a remote control using iPod hacks:
1. The most crucial element in this iPod hacks job is the sound or wave to infrared converter.
Initially, set up the overall remote software application on the MAC or PC. This software application is suggested to extend the series of the Pocket PC to consist of customer IR capabilities.
2. Tape the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can modify sounds and eliminate channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by utilizing the software application. Input all infrared signals of the house electronic equipment that you wish to control.
You can observe if you have taped the sound effectively if you’ll hear odd beeps or pulses. This is essentially what an infrared signal would sound like. Using the SoundForge, you can actually see the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then mute it. The procedure through the IR gadget would not operate appropriately if you missed this crucial action.
3. Convert the signals into sound files (really saved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a brand-new playlist and include the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can check the brand-new universal remote. Utilize the Apple iPod to play the sounds through the converter for push-button control any house electronic devices.
This standard example of iPod hacks is clearly very simple to understand. Software applications are already available that users can use to modify their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, however, very risky with concerns to its effects on your iPod gadget. Unless dealt with by an expert service technician, the Apple iPod could malfunction if the modification is not ideal.